It’s not Christmas without Brussel sprouts making an appearance!! Throw in some pancetta and you have a pretty special dish. This is quick and easy to make, and well worth the effort. Plus, Brussel sprouts are loaded with vitamins C, A and K, and fibre.
Ingredients: Serves 2
- 220 grams of Brussel sprouts, thinly sliced
- 100 grams of diced pancetta
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 200 grams of pasta
- Half a lemon
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Parmesan (optional)
- Dice the onions and slice the Brussel sprouts. Keep separate and set to one side.
- Bring a large pan of water to a boil. Season generously with salt. When it is boiling add the pasta.
- Whilst the water is coming up to the boil, heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat and warm the olive oil. Add the diced pancetta and onion with the rosemary. Fry until the pancetta has started to brown. Then add the minced garlic and continue frying for a couple of minutes.
- Add the sliced Brussel sprouts and a little water to the pan. Sauté for about five minutes, or until the sprouts are cooked through.
- When the pasta is finished cooking, drain the water. Then add it to the frying pan and mix well. Squeeze the lemon juice and add salt and pepper to taste before serving.
- Serve with freshly grated Parmesan (optional).