This is a delicious and warming parsnip soup for a cold winter’s day. We’ve kept the spice mild, in case you are someone who suffers from heartburn, with spicy food in pregnancy.
- Dash of oil
- 1 x onion
- 3 x large parsnips
- 750 ml vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons of mild curry powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Paprika and double cream to garnish (optional)
- Peel and chop the vegetables, keep separate.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onions and gently fry for about five minutes until soft, but not brown.
- Add the parsnips, and mix into the onions.
- Sprinkle over the curry powder and fry for a couple more minutes so the flavours are released.
- Pour the hot stock over the vegetables and bring to a gentle simmer. Simmer for 15 minutes, until the parsnips are soft.
- Season with salt and pepper, remove from the heat and blend with a hand mixer. Serve with a swirl of cream and some paprika.