Whilst we hope you never need to use these skills, this baby first aid course will give you the knowledge and confidence to give a baby or child first aid in a number of different scenarios.
Our baby first aid workshop in Bishopston is ideal for anyone involved in your baby’s care – parents, grandparents or babysitters. It runs on Thursday 15th December from 7pm – 9pm.
The class costs £20 per person and this practical course will cover:
- Accident prevention.
- Choking and gagging – common causes and how to respond.
- What to do when your baby is unresponsive.
- CPR for a baby and a child.
- Falls, including head injuries, broken bones and bleeding.
- Poisoning – including common household products.
- Fever and febrile seizures.
- Meningitis awareness.
Alongside the workshop, you will also be given access to the Baby 1st Aid digital resources. This includes
- A course handbook, including an emergency plan and 1st aid kit checklist.
- Recommended reading and organisations.
- Videos watched in class.