COVID-19 update: Due to coronavirus and the current social distancing measures in place, all of our antenatal classes are taking place on Zoom. But just because we have to social distance, doesn’t mean we aren’t still social! We’ve adapted the programme to make sure you have plenty of time to get to know the other parents-to-be in your group – as well as keeping the classes interactive, with lots of time to ask questions. Check out our FAQs page for more information.
- This event has passed.
Baby Sleep Workshop: July 2019
23/07/2019 @ 10:00 - 12:00£60
We’re delighted to have partnered with the Healthy Child Co. to deliver this 2-hour sleep workshop that will give you the knowledge and tools to maximise your baby’s sleep – in a gentle way. Taught by trained professionals, this practical programme targets your baby’s sleep from 3 to 12 months. It was designed by a team of health professionals (health visitors, sleep specialists and paediatric doctors) in accordance with the latest evidence-based research and guidance.
Sleep plays an integral part in the physical, emotional and mental development of your baby and this workshop will help you understand how to install good sleep practices in a gentle and caring way.
The class will explore the following:
- How much sleep is enough? Understand normal sleep patterns and nap routines.
- How to recognise sleep cues and signs that your baby is overtired.
- How to set up your bedroom to maximise sleep.
- Establishing a bedtime routine.
- Encouraging healthy sleep habits in a gentle way.
- How to co-sleep safely.
- Making the move from your room to the nursery.
- Understand how your baby’s developmental stages are affecting their sleep.
- Tools to keep your baby safe and reduce the risk of sudden infant death syndrome.
- Reflux, colic and cows milk protein allergy: how they impact sleep.
- Managing your wellbeing when sleep-deprived.
This class is £60 per person and will take place in the Mothercare Café, Eastgate Shopping Centre, Bristol.